Paint Swatch Calendar

Wednesday, October 26, 2011


I found the idea for this little project on pinterest and made my own version to send to my sister back when school started. Ya know- because 4th graders have big agendas and they need a calendar to keep it all straight.

Supplies:
Paint swatches
Scissors or craft paper trimmer
glue or tape
Picture frame
Sharpie


I started by cutting the paint swatches down to 1.5" x 1.5" squares and arranged them on some white craft paper that I had cut to fit the inside of the frame. 
Once I was happy with the layout I glued them all in place.
Next, I used a sharpie to draw circles to write the date in and a few decorations around some of the boxes (I did this step on the back side of the glass)


I wrote her name and the day of the week in by holding the glass from the frame up to the computer screen. I typed out all of the days and her name and reversed the text. I then traced it onto the backside of the glass that way she wouldn't have to worry about it getting wiped away accidently.

I was really pleased with the finished product and wrapped it up with a few other things I had to send to my family and shipped it across the big pond, crossed my fingers and hoped it'd make it safely to my sister in Texas.
 

A few days later I got a text my from sister with a picture of a pile of broken glass :( 
It didn't fare so well on the long trip from Hawaii. They were able to salvage the paint swatch paper and are going to find a new frame and redo it soon. 

Hopefully if you give this little craft a try you'll have more luck in keeping in one piece!


1 comment:

Kitty B said...

Such a cute project! I love this idea- its going on my list for sure!

Post a Comment