BBQ in a Blanket

Monday, May 16, 2011

Do.Not.Be.Alarmed- The post you are about to read involves a recipe- but by no no means does that make this a food blog. (Not that there's anything wrong with food blogs- we'll just say it's not our strongest asset as a couple.) Don't get me wrong, Mr. Whitaker and I enjoy cooking and creating recipes, but by no means claim to be any good at it. Heck, we even pay for someone else to tell us what to make for dinner each night! (We'll save that explanation for another post.)

We used some left over bbq chicken to make lunch on saturday and it turned out so good I thought I'd share:


We're suckers for recipes that take only a few minutes and a few ingredients...enter Chicken BBQ in a Blanket.

I'm sure this has been made a million times over, but for us- it's a first. I'll include our method below, but it's just as easy as you'd imagine.

First, prepare your chicken or beef- Mr. Whitaker boiled the chicken and pulled it off the bone and shredded it (because I'm deathly afraid of meat on a bone, especially chicken.)

Add seasonings and bbq sauce and coat the chicken evenly. In our case a dash of Cavender's Greek Seasoning, salt, pepper, and the one and only KC Masterpiece. (Did you see what I did there- throwing in words like a 'dash,' for a second you thought I was a legitimate cook. Don't be fooled, not for a second.)

Next get a package of crescent rolls and lay them out flat on a baking sheet. Divide the chicken between the crescents and spoon it onto the widest end of each crescent. Roll it up and bake it according to the package- add a little bbq sauce on top for some extra flavor and you're done!

Easy enough, hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment