MIA- Paper Cranes

Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's been a while since our last post and I have to say while it's been good to take a small blogging break, I've really missed it. We're hoping to establish a more consistent posting schedule soon, sorry for being MIA lately. After my big test last week (Which I passed- woot!) my brain has been mush and I've enjoyed some down time. 

In the time since my test I've been helping a co-worker out by folding 400 paper cranes for her wedding. It's Japanese tradition to have 1,000 paper cranes at your wedding or the birth of a child as way of wishing you 1,000 years of health, happiness, or good fortune. Lucky for me she's already folded the first 600 and we've still got a month and a half to go! The picture below is my first one as practice, the real ones are on foil paper.



In other news, the last two weeks we've really expanded our efforts within the creative community here and are looking forward to really becoming a part of the creative scene in Honolulu. John has taken a role in the YAF (Young Architects Forum) and we are both on the committee for the USGBC's Emerging Professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment